Welcome to our second running of Virtual Six Summits. Although we would prefer to be on the Shropshire – Welsh borders the first weekend in May, this is the closest we can be this year. The event this year will run between 1st and 31st May 2021.
We have come up with six challenges that can be used at either at home or parts ran in face-to-face meetings.
A few key points:
- You will need to complete risk assessments for any activities you run.
- We ask you to email registration, to aid us plan for badge stocks.
- Leaders to contact us from 3rd May when your young people have completed the challenge.
Again, we have added the challenges as activities to OnlineScoutManager, use the links or search ‘Six Summits Virtual’ to find the activities. We hope to make it easier for you to add elements to your programme. From our own virtual meetings, we know that these work well in virtual setting or back face-to-face,
- Challenge 1 Hike – OSM Link
- Challenge 2 Meal – OSM Link
- Challenge 3 Climb – OSM Link
- Challenge 4 Contours – OSM Link
- Challenge 5 Camp – OSM Link
- Challenge 6 Maps – OSM Link
We ask that you email event leader, Mark Williams email@example.com so we can estimate how many are taking part and ensure and aid in badge orders. It would be useful to let us know the following information:
- Your name
- Contact telephone number
- Scout Group
- How many young people are taking part
At the end of the virtual event, we will delete all contact details, so please, like our Facebook page, to hear more about the 2022 event, due to be opened 1st January 2022.
NOTE: Badges can only be ordered and sent to either Scout Leader, Unit Leader or Group Scout Leader with a minimum order of 5 badges.
Challenge 6 – Map Question Answers
The answers to the ‘Challenge 6’ questions can be found here and made available from 31st May 2021.
NOTE: Badges can only be ordered and sent to either Scout Leader, Unit Leader or Group Scout Leader with a minimum order of 5 badges. All badge orders must be submitted by Monday 7th June
Badge submission now closed. Thanks for taking part in this year’s events! We hope to have all badges sent out by July 2021